Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Busy Work

We had a conversation in class about two weeks ago that really moved me. The conversation was about teachers trying to trick students and not wanting them to learn. It was also about giving students busy work just to pass the time. I want to be the type of teacher that brings passion to what I do, and makes my students want to learn. If the kids do not want to learn, if they dread going to a class, then your teaching strategies are not working. Kids will remember an experience. You have to give them an experience to build upon. If you really want the kids to learn don't give them work to pass the time that they will end up losing focus on and talking to their friends. Anyway I thought that this was the most influential class for me, definitely one to repeat in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing that this stuck with you, Brandon. If you can keep reminding yourself about this point, it will absolutely make you a better teacher!! LB :)

    ReplyDelete